Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2022-23
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology.
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship | Details:
- Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
- Deadline: October 20, 2022
- Courses Offered: All disciplines can apply.
- Program Period: 1- 2-year research masters, 3-4 year PhD program.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship | Funding:
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship | Eligibility:
To be eligible for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship Presented by Government of Ireland in All disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicant must have a first class or upper second class honours bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination
of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Applicant must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a PhD degree scholarship, must not currently hold or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship | How to Apply:
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online the system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.
List of Approved Universities:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel:
Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 | The Best to Study in The UK
Study Dentistry in Turkey 2022-2023 | The Best for International Students
Study Medicine in Turkey 2022-2023 | The Best for International Students
Best Courses to Study in Turkey 2022-2023
University of Amsterdam Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Holland Government Scholarship 2022-2023 for International Students
Ottawa University Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023
Rutgers chancellor’s Scholarship 2022-2023 | Great Opportunity to Study in the USA
Gates Scholarship in The United States 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Sabancı University Scholarship 2022-2023 (The Best Opportunity for international students)
Best Fully Funded Scholarships in Turkey 2022-2023 for International students
Koç University Scholarship 2022-2023 Best Opportunity for International Students
Best Universities in Turkey 2022-2023 for International Students
Study in Canada 2022-2023 (The Best choice)
Best UK Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Best Universities that Offer Full Scholarships to International Students 2022-2023
Fulbright Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023 (The Best to study in the USA)