Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship in Germany for International Students:
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship 2022-23 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. These scholarships are available for masters and PhD. These scholarships will provide monthly stipend of € 850 for masters and € 1,200 for PhD and cover tuition fee and accommodation.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide.
In line with these principles, The Foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, They actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
Currently scholars come from 55 countries of the world. Their subjects are various: law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship | Details:
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): German Universities
- Study Fields: All the available programs at German Universities.
- Program Period: Two years For Master candidates, and three years for doctoral candidates.
- Deadline: July 15, 2022 (annual).
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship | Funding:
scholarship program consists of financial assistance, personal guidance, a wide seminar program and access to the worldwide KAS-network. After the successful completion of studies, they remain in contact with their alumni and involve them in national and international activities.
The duration and level of funding varies for different types of studies. Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 861. The standard funding period is two years. After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD-students receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.200. The standard funding period for PhD scholars is three years. They also fund research stays in Germany for the minimum of three semesters.
Beside the monthly stipend, they offer multiple subsidies for their scholars. Upon request, they subsidize health care insurance up to the amount of € 120 per month. They also offer a family allowance of € 276 provided that you and your spouse live together in one place in Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not exceed the amount of € 450 per month. Additionally, they grant children’s allowance of € 194 per month for children living with you in Germany. Prerequisites are the submission of an official German translation of the child’s birth certificate and the official rejection of your demand for public child allowance.
In addition, PhD-scholars can apply for financial assistance for research stays abroad. However, they do not fund participation in congresses or symposia.
Fees resulting from courses at the university in Germany that are directly related to your studies can be refunded up to the amount of € 1.500 per semester. However, they do not refund regular semester fees resulting from enrollment or annual re-registration.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria:
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least four semesters at a university in Germany.
To be eligible for Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship:
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- prove above average academic performance,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of four semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or post graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship | How to apply:
There are two ways to apply for Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship program:
1) Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for selection procedures. In 2022 they will focus on Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Latin America (coordinated through our office in Peru) and interviews will be conducted online. If you are living in one of these countries, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office – please check their web-sites for the exact procedure and addressee. Students living in countries that are not listed cannot apply for the international selection procedure.
2) In case you are already living or studying in Germany, you are welcome to apply for Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship via the domestic selection program using online procedure. Please fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered. The application period ends on July 15th (12:00/noon) each year for the domestic procedure.
Necessary documents for the application
Please download and fill out the application form and attach the following documents if you are applying for a MA-Scholarship:
- A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- Motivation letter.
- Copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English.
- Copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a University in Germany.
- Proof of German language skills (B 2).
- An informal academic letter of recommendation: This letter should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two month. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- An informal letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This letter should focus on your personality and interests as well as on your understanding of values and your social commitment. The author cannot be the same as the one providing the academic letter of recommendation.
- Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany.
If you are applying for a PhD-Scholarship, please add the following documents:
- A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé should be written in German or English (5-10 pages; font size 12; 1.5 line spacing) and should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography.
- A second academic letter of recommendation: This second letter should be written by the supervisor of your doctoral thesis, providing you already have one. It replaces the letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality.
- A confirmation of supervision by your doctor-father or -mother.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel:
Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 | The Best to Study in The UK
Study Dentistry in Turkey 2022-2023 | The Best for International Students
Study Medicine in Turkey 2022-2023 | The Best for International Students
Best Courses to Study in Turkey 2022-2023
University of Amsterdam Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Holland Government Scholarship 2022-2023 for International Students
Ottawa University Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023
Rutgers chancellor’s Scholarship 2022-2023 | Great Opportunity to Study in the USA
Gates Scholarship in The United States 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Sabancı University Scholarship 2022-2023 (The Best Opportunity for international students)
Best Fully Funded Scholarships in Turkey 2022-2023 for International students
Koç University Scholarship 2022-2023 Best Opportunity for International Students
Best Universities in Turkey 2022-2023 for International Students
Study in Canada 2022-2023 (The Best choice)
Best UK Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Best Universities that Offer Full Scholarships to International Students 2022-2023
Fulbright Scholarship for International Students 2022-2023 (The Best to study in the USA)