Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for International Students
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships: The Scholarship Department of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung awards financial grants to highly-qualified undergraduate and doctoral students from Germany and abroad who evidence high levels of social and political engagement.
In granting scholarships, the Stiftung seeks to counteract the social, political, and gender discrimination prevalent in their society and therefore gives preference to applications from women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities who demonstrate comparable achievements and commitment.
Applications from undergraduate and doctoral students from scientific and technical disciplines are actively encouraged, as well as from graduates of technical colleges.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships | Details
- Level of Study: Master’s, PhD.
- Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung.
- Study in: Germany.
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine.
- Program Period: For masters, maximum three years, For PhD, maximum four years.
- 1 April: for grants beginning in the winter semester (1 October) of the same year.
- 1 October: for grants beginning in the summer semester (1 April) of the next year.
Scholarships for MA and doctoral students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco, and Iraq.
- graduate students pursuing their MA, Diplom or State Examination in Germany
- doctoral students pursuing a PhD or doctoral research in Germany.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships | Funding
Funding is available to BA and MA students from all disciplines and all state-approved institutions of higher education who meet the requirements set out in §8 of the German Federal Law on Education and Training (Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz, BAföG), namely students holding a German passport and immigrants with prospects of residing in Germany permanently.
Limited funding is also available for students from other EU member states. The duration of the grant and the amount of funding provided are based on BAföG regulations. Scholarships can be awarded beginning from the second semester of studies.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships | Additional Support for Scholarship Holders
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships Department offers scholarship holders a wide range of support, consisting of political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia, and educational trips.
It also organizes practical training in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management and other key skills, time management, and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific seminars on methodology.
Particular importance is given to scholarship holders’ self-organization and their working groups. The work of the Scholarship Department is assisted by roughly 130 academic liaisons together with the staff and networks of the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
Selection and sponsorship criteria include:
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and/or university)
- Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above)
- Personal/family background
The Scholarship Department also awards grants to foreign students (MA only) and PhD students who are temporarily residing in Germany for study or research purposes.
- Both residents, as well as foreign doctoral students, are eligible to apply for a doctoral scholarship in all disciplines (except for medical degrees).
- Eligibility requirements for a doctoral scholarship include outstanding academic performance during undergraduate studies as well as proof of social engagement in the spirit of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
- Various kinds of scholarships for doctoral students exist which vary in their eligibility requirements. Applicants can only apply for one scholarship at a time!
- German doctoral students enrolled in a public or publicly accredited institution of higher education in Germany, the EU, or Switzerland are eligible for scholarships. Foreign doctoral students enrolled in a doctoral program at a public or publicly accredited institution of higher education in Germany are also eligible. Foreign students who plan an extended research stay outside of Germany during their doctoral studies are also eligible for this scholarship.
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above)
- MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognized German university.
- PhD students must be accepted at a German university.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships | How to Apply
- Apply for this scholarship through the online application portal.
- Create an account and fill out the application form. Also, upload the required documents.
- Submit the application.
Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Program at KU Leuven 2023
The Best Fully Funded Scholarships for Master’s and PhD Degree 2023-2024
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: