Study Medicine in Turkey 2022-2023
Study Medicine in Turkey For International Students: Turkey is the ideal educational destination, popular by the modern techniques especially in the medical universities. That’s why taking the decision to study Medicine in Turkey for International Students is the best decision. The medicine study in Turkey is similar to the European form since Turkey has agreed with the Bologna conditions in 2001 and became a member of the European higher education area.
Study medicine in Turkey without YÖS
What is the YÖS exam?
YÖS exam is a selection and placement test that foreign students who want to study in public universities in Turkey have to pass. Approximately 50,000 students take YÖS. exams of every year. Current universities in Turkey conduct their own YÖS exams.
Universities that accept international students without YÖS in Turkey:
- Private universities all over turkey
- Some public universities in case there is a good SAT score (1400)
Is it Good to Study Medicine in Turkey?
Study medicine in turkey will give you the access to world class laboratories, latest technological advancements, a conducive atmosphere for educational and life perusing, you will also have the opportunity to be taught by world class professors, Doctors and masters in the field of medicine.
Not only that, you will have the opportunity to explore and have experience of the full international community because turkey as a cross road between three continents, you will experience the culture in the midst of diversity which will definitely establish a strong connection between you and the wider world.
How many years to study medicine in Turkey? | How long does it take to study medicine in Turkey?
In Turkey, medical studies normally last six years, with the academic career divided into two years of pre-clinical study, three years of clinical study, and one year of state clinical practice or internship. Graduates receive the title of Medical Doctor after completing the program (MD). Turkish Medical Schools offer courses in either English or Turkish, depending on the candidate’s option.
First and second year:
As in other countries, the first two years are filled with basic science.
From the 3rd year on, you get a theoretical and practical introduction to the diseases.
4th and5th year consist of clinical internships
The last year of the medical studies is spent as a future practicing physician in the university hospital. You take on the duties of a regular doctor. Students I the 6th year are called as ‘interns’. This is the preliminary stage of the assistant medical education in Turkey. Turkish citizens are rewarded by the university with a modest monthly salary for their medical work.
Best university to study medicine in Turkey
Here are the best universities to study medicine in Turkey:
- Hacettepe University
- Istanbul University
- Ankara University
- Istanbul University – Cerrahpasa
- Ege University
- Marmara University
- Koc University
- Dokuz Eylul University
- Gazi University
- Cukurova University
Cheapest university to study medicine in Turkey
- Public universities which cost between 2000$ to 7000$
- Cyprus International University
- Maltepe University
- Istanbul yeni yuzyil
- Istanbul Arel University
- Uskudar University
- Izmir University of Economics
- Halic University
- Atilim University
- Lokman Hakim University
- Beykent University
- Biruni University
Private Universities tuition fees start from 8100$ to 20000$
Is it Hard to study medicine in Turkey?
For most of students it is impossible to study Medicine in their own home-country because of very high requirements or tuition fees. Study Medicine in Turkey is an often chosen destination for International students who want to realize their dream of becoming a doctor.
You can study medicine in Turkey in English or Turkish. At outstanding universities located in Istanbul, Ankara or İzmir – students have lots of options.
As we mentioned above; Study medicine in turkey will give you the access to world class laboratories, latest technological advancements, a conducive atmosphere for educational and life perusing, you will also have the opportunity to be taught by world class professors, Doctors and masters in the field of medicine.
How much does it cost to study medicine in Turkey?
It is very important to note that the prices vary around 10000$ – 20000$ on private universities.
However, the prices on public university vary around 2000$ – 7000$.
In general, one cannot compare the prices of medical studies in Turkey with the prices of medical schools in other countries, as the prices vary between countries and universities within the countries.
Scholarship to study medicine in Turkey
Türkiye Scholarship is a government-funded higher education scholarship program run by the Republic of Türkiye for international students.
- Provides university and department placements unlike other higher education scholarship programs.
- Covers tuition fees.
- Allows you to learn the language of the country study with 1-year Turkish language course. Thus, resources are diversified in your academic research and daily life becomes more pleasurable.
- Provides accommodation for students arriving in a new country.
- Supports you on your journey to Turkey and when you return to your country at the end of your education period and covers your once-off flight ticket.
- Allows you to take full advantage of widespread health services when necessary with health insurance.
- Also provides monthly stipend. 1000 TL at undergraduate level, 1,400 TL at Master’s level and 1,800 TL at PhD level per month.
Koç University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship and it is offered for bachelor’s, master’s and PhD studies. Koç University scholarship provides tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing aid, private health insurance and travel support.
Requirements to study medicine in Turkey for international students
In order to study Medicine in Turkey you must have a high school diploma. You can enter Medical schools in Turkey directly from high school. There are different requirements depending on your educational background (your high school diploma type)
Here are some common admission criteria / requirements for Medicine degrees offered by Turkish Universities.
- High School Diploma (Min average of 70%)
- High School Transcript
- Letter of Motivation (if possible)
- Valid Passport.
Study medicine in Turkey in English
Yes! There are possibilities to study medicine in Turkey in English.
Please keep in mind, that from the third year on you have to be in contact with patients and have to communicate with patients in Turkish. In most of the cases, it will not be problem because you will have lived in Turkey for the past 3 years and your language level will be enough for communicating with patients.
Several private universities offer the Medicine program in English.
The medical schools of Turkey (studying Medicine in general) is based on the American and European teaching guidelines, so that graduates have possibilities to word on an English-speaking market such as America or Canada.
Study veterinary medicine in Turkey
Due to the importance of veterinary medicine study, the number of veterinary faculties in Turkish universities has reached 28. This specialization is concerned with preparing and training highly qualified veterinarians.
The duration of veterinary medicine study in Turkey is five years rather than four years, like other undergraduate programs. Moreover, students who have joined internships can obtain a master’s degree upon graduation.
In the beginning, students start the veterinary medicine program for five years, where they study the core courses. After completing the theoretical and practical education for nine semesters, students work for one semester in the university’s veterinary clinics and livestock facilities, or they join an internship in Kyrgyzstan or Turkey to gain the practical techniques and skills required for their careers.
Regarding the study language, Turkish universities adopt English as a medium of instruction for veterinary medicine programs.
Advantages of studying medicine in Turkey | Why should I study medicine in Turkey?
Have you ever wondered why several thousand applicants want to study medicine in Turkey every year? You may be surprised, but according to the available statistics, several thousand applicants want to study medicine in Turkey every year, and their number is increasing every year; But what is the reason for all this demand? Here are the most important reasons:
- Turkey, unlike the United States and Canada, where students are required to complete four years of prep-school before a six-year medical degree, starts higher education upon arrival; This means when you get accepted in a Turkish university for Medicine, you don’t need to study any prep-school!
- Studying in turkey will give you access to world-class labs, the latest technical developments, a conducive environment for studying and perusing life, and you will also have the opportunity to be taught by world-class professors, doctors, and medical masters.
- The Turkish education system has been a member of the EU education system or the Bologna Process since 2001. Thus, the university degrees of this country are of high quality and are approved by European countries.
- Medical education in Turkey has a global reputation. Its close scientific cooperation with world-renowned universities and the presence of international professors from the United States and Europe have led students to enjoy a high level of quality education in the implementation of joint projects with top international universities.
- The necessary tests to enter Turkey are the SAT test and the YOS test are not required in private universities.
- After graduating from Turkey, with a medical degree obtained from this country, you can practice medicine in all countries of the world.
Disadvantages of studying medicine in Turkey
As we have aleready mentioned above: Turkey is the best destination to study medicine and it only has one disadvantage which is the difficulty of studying medicine in Turkey completely free of charge, for students with limited income.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel:
Study Dentistry in Turkey 2022-2023 | The Best for International Students
Chevening Scholarship 2022-2023 | The Best to Study in The UK
Best Courses to Study in Turkey 2022-2023
University of Amsterdam Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
Holland Government Scholarship 2022-2023 for International Students