The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship designed to recognize and support academically outstanding international students enrolling in their first year of undergraduate studies at the University of Calgary.
About The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
University of Calgary has been ranked amongst the world’s top universities and they have done it by pushing our limits, challenging themselves to do better, and seeking knowledge – wherever that journey takes them.
UCalgary educates over 26,000 undergraduate and 6,000 graduate students and has 98% Graduate employment rate.
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship | Details
- Award value: $20,000 (Renewable)
- Number of awards: 2
- Competition to apply for: High School Prestige
Donor: University of Calgary/Enrolment Services
- Award information
- Deadline: click here to check deadline.
- Student type: Undergraduate.
- Citizenship/residency: International.
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Offered annually to an international student entering first year in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Must have graduated from a recognized high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau
- Preference to a student entering the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Health Sciences, or Bachelor of Arts – Urban Studies program.
Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students 2023
The Best Programs in Canada for International Students 2023
Best Scholarships in Japan 2023
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship required documents
- Completed scholarship application form: This form can be found on the University of Calgary scholarship website.
- Official transcripts: All international students must submit their official transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions attended.
- Letter of recommendation: A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, or academic advisor is highly recommended to support the scholarship application.
- English language proficiency test scores (if applicable): International students whose first language is not English may be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent test scores.
- Statement of Intent: A written statement explaining the student’s academic and career goals, and how the scholarship will support their future endeavors.
How to Apply
- Check eligibility: Confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, including academic requirements and being a first-year international student at the University of Calgary.
- Review application instructions: Carefully review the application instructions and guidelines available on the University of Calgary scholarship website.
- Gather required documents: Collect all required documents, including your official transcripts, letter of recommendation, English language proficiency test scores, and statement of intent.
- Submit the application: Submit the completed scholarship application form along with all supporting documents by the deadline specified on the scholarship website.
- Wait for a decision: The scholarship committee will review all applications and notify the selected recipient by email.
1. How is the scholarship awarded?
The scholarship is awarded based on academic merit and leadership potential. The selection process considers your high school transcripts, test scores, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and personal statement.
2. Can I still receive other financial aid or scholarships while receiving the International Entrance Scholarship?
Yes, you can receive other financial aid and scholarships, provided that they do not exceed the cost of attendance.
3. Who do I contact if I have additional questions about the scholarship?
If you have additional questions, you can contact the Office of International Education at the University of Calgary.
4. Is there an additional application process for the scholarship?
No, there is no additional application process for the scholarship. The scholarship is awarded based on the admission application.
5. Do I have to maintain a certain GPA to keep the scholarship?
Yes, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.7 to continue receiving the scholarship in subsequent years.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: