The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders (Graduate) is given to international students entering a University of Winnipeg graduate program for the first time. Applicants must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent and must be involved in activities that demonstrate leadership. Qualifying year or Pre-Masters students do not qualify.
About The University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg is a dynamic campus and a downtown hub that connects people from diverse cultures and nurtures global citizens.
They offer high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs including several that are unique in Western Canada: for example, a Bachelor of Arts in Human Rights, and a Master’s degree in Development Practice with a focus on Indigenous Development. The graduates value their educational experience, as UWinnipeg is known for small class sizes, academic excellence and commitment to Indigenous inclusion.
The University of Winnipeg | General Information for International Students
Over 12% of the student population at The University of Winnipeg are international students. That is more than 1,000 students from 75 countries! The University of Winnipeg is dedicated to ensuring that all students have equal access to higher learning.
As a result of this mandate there are support services and programs in place like financial assistance to make that happen.
There are a wide variety of ways to fund your education as an international student. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time and part-time students are eligible for Entrance and In-Course awards as long as they meet the published criteria.
- Automatic Entrance Awards
- Application-Required Entrance Awards
- In-Course Awards for Continuing Students
- Government Student Aid
- Other Services and Support Programs
New International Students
Automatic Entrance Awards
2022-23 International Special Entrance Scholarship Program
International Special Entrance Scholarships will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the UWinnipeg in the 2022-23 academic year following graduation from a high school outside of Canada.
These entrance scholarships will be offered automatically during the regular admissions application process; a separate scholarship application is not required. For more information, visit Entrance Awards webpage.
Advanced Placement (AP) & International Baccalaureate (IB) Entrance Scholarships
Incoming students are automatically selected for these scholarships once Admissions receives final examination results and eligibility is confirmed. For detailed information on the AP/IB Entrance Scholarships, visit Entrance Awards webpage.
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship | Funding
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders for Graduate Students are valued at $5,000.
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship | Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- Be an international student.
- Entering the first year of any program.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Submit a complete admission application by the scholarship deadline date.
Qualifying year or Pre-Masters students do not qualify.
Applicants must have completed an application for admission to the University of Winnipeg to be considered for this award.
A completed application package includes the following:
- A completed application form.
- One 250-500 word personal statement
- A curriculum vitae
- Two references who can speak to your extra-curricular/volunteer activities
- Applicants to the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders should apply through the Awards Office here.
How to Apply
- Complete an application for admission into The University of Winnipeg.
- Complete the web application form.
- Important! Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Each applicant may only submit one application.
- These are the required documents you must include with this application. Please make sure they are translated in English if in another language.
- Personal Statement.
- Resumé / C.V.
- Two Reference Letters.
Deadline and Where to Apply
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders deadline: June 1.
Applicants to the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders should apply through the Awards Office here.
Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Program at KU Leuven 2023
The Best Fully Funded Scholarships for Master’s and PhD Degree 2023-2024
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: